Thursday, August 27, 2020

Hyphen

Now, I kind of wish I had waited until later to mention the exorcism. Already, the crowd is on edge, looking to me for an explanation. O God, I've gone and embarrassed myself. How would I continue to tell them that their dear mayor has recently been exorcised? Looking at their stares and open mouths, all I can think to do is smile. I almost laughed, a bit. Naturally, I had to put on the front of a complete gentleman at this point. This crowd, the people gawking at me in this gala, actually ended up being the several circles of Hell. I couldn't let that bother me. There had actually been evil in their little town! I straightened my tie, flattened my hair, and scooted up to the microphone. "He's fine, now. For all we know, he just had a head cold". Blasphemy, though. He was one-hundred percent possessed. I just could not tell these townsfolk what had really gone on. A few days earlier, I came to this town with nothing but a briefcase full of tropical-colored shirts and packages of gluten-free egg noodles. True Hell-beasts really go for the gluten-free stuff.. not that I exclusively know anything about the beasts of Hell or anything. I was actually here because there was a convention in the actual metro area, and I was using my cousin's house to sleep at night. The curator had sent out a message that asked specifically for these noodles, and the shirts were just gifts from my mom before the trip. Any other clothes I had planned on wearing

No comments:

Post a Comment