Thursday, August 27, 2020

Synchronightmare Pt. 2

January 8th, 200* - 11:47 PM

[Chen sits cross-legged on his bed with his pistol in pieces, laying out in front of him. He picks them up one at a time and strokes them lovingly with an oil cloth]

Chen: [Muttering to himself] I don't believe this... To think.. ha.. And I hadn't spoken to her in three months. The bastard...

[He begins to assemble the pieces with his eyes closed, still muttering]

Chen: If it's not one thing it's a damn 'nother. Be it trash, dirty laundry on the floor, or good old fashioned noise pollution. It's got Joey's name written all over it. If I had stayed in China when I was born... who knows. Life would probably be bearable. Instead.. [Coughs] I'm at this low-rung university, living with an unconcerned neanderthal. Maybe if I just got a little bit of peace and quiet so I could practice my violin.. Just five damn minutes a day.. but no. Joey's watching football. Joey's whacking it in the bathroom. For crying out loud, who does he think he is. He's not even really studying anything right now... As a matter of fact, I don't even think he goes to class. Shit.

[Chen stands up and walks into the bathroom, coming to a stop in front of the sink mirror. He aims the gun at his reflection and raises an eyebrow]

Chen: The name's XingXao--

[He hears the door open and quickly shoves the pistol in the waistband of his shorts. Joey walks in and drops a duffel bag on his bed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment